These are the Terms and Conditions that will apply to your booking. Please read them carefully as you will be bound by them.
1. BOOKING / NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
You must pay us a non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in the Tour Description (the “Deposit”) at the time of booking. The Deposit is to be paid when the on-line booking form is filled up and submitted to us. If you are making a booking for a Tour which is scheduled to start in 4 weeks, you must pay us the full amount of the Tour Price.
2. CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
Our receipt of the Deposit and the completed booking form does not mean that your booking is confirmed and accepted. It is only confirmed and accepted when we give you a written confirmation. This written confirmation will also contain details on regarding the payment of the balance of the Tour Price. However, if your booking is not accepted by us, we will refund the Deposit which you have paid to us.
3. FINAL PAYMENT SCHEDULE
If the balance of the Tour Price is not paid by the dated specified in the written confirmation referred to in Clause 2, your booking is deemed to be cancelled and we shall forfeit the Deposit.
We conduct various Tours from time to time. The price of each Tour will be specified on our website (“Tour Price”). However, sometimes, due to external factors beyond our control (e.g. increase in transport costs or food costs or external party’s fees or currency fluctuations), the Tour Price may increase even after you have booked for our Tours. Should there be any increase in the Tour Price after you have placed your booking with us, we will notify you of the increase. You have the option of either accepting the change in price or withdraw from the Tour. Should you withdraw from the Tour, we will refund the Deposit to you.
5. ROOM ACCOMODATION
Unless otherwise stated, you will be allocated a twin room for twin occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available at extra cost on a first come, first served basis, and we cannot guarantee its availability.
6. AIRFARE AND TRANSFER COSTS
The Tour Price does not include the airfare and other transfer costs and arrangements. You are responsible for your own flight booking and the adverse consequences of flight cancellations and delay. However, if it is specified in the Tour Description that airport/hotel transfers are included in the Tour Price, such transfers are only included when the participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements.
7. CANCELLATION CHARGES IF YOU CANCEL
If you wish to cancel your booking, the following cancellation charges are applicable and payable to us:
– Cancellation 4 weeks or more before Departure/Starting date of Tour as stated in Booking Form: Forfeiture of the Deposit
– Cancellation 4 weeks before Departure/Starting date of Tour as stated in Booking Form: 100% of Tour Price
8. CANCELLATION BY US
Each Tour that we plan to conduct provides for a minimum number of 10 participants before the Tour can proceed. If the minimum number of participants is not met, we will cancel the Tour.
We also reserve the right to cancel any Tour for any other reason.
However, rest assured that we will not cancel a Tour less than 4 weeks before Departure/Starting date of Tour as stated in Booking Form except for Force Majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond or outside our control.
If we cancel a Tour, you can either:
– Take a substitute Tour if we are able and willing to offer one. If the substitute Tour is lower in price to the one you had originally booked, we will pay you the difference in price. If the substitute Tour is higher in price, you must pay us the difference in price;
– Obtain from us a full refund of all monies you have paid to us. We are not responsible in any event for any expenses or losses that you may have incurred as a result of our cancellation such as visa, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail, non-refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment, etc.
9. TRAVEL EXCLUSIONS OR CUTTING SHORT TOUR
If any government issues a travel advisory against non-essential travel due to any war or warlike event, Strike, Riot or Civil Commotion, disease outbreak or unsafe health conditions, impending natural disasters or any other events of similar nature to any country or place where the Tour will be or is held at, we reserve our right to cancel or cut short the Tour. In the event of our cancellation or cutting short the Tour, we will not provide any refund and you will make a claim on your travel insurance policy.
In the event that you intend to proceed or continue with the Tour, you agree that you will assume responsibility, indemnify and hold us, our affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, local guides, Tour Leaders and Instructors (“the Indemnified Parties”) harmless at all times against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, expenses (including legal costs on a fully indemnified basis), losses (whether direct, indirect or inconsequential) and damages (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) whatsoever which the indemnified Partie4s may sustain, incur, suffer or pay arising out of or in connection with or pursuant to the continuation or proceeding of the Tour. You agree that you will also assume responsibility for your own travel arrangements including but not limited to flight tickets and accommodation and we will not be responsible for any travel delay or any loss, damage and expense arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Tour.
You understand and acknowledge the nature of a Tour requires considerable flexibility and should allow for reasonable alterations by the Company. You agree that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, mode of transport and other details listed in the Tour Description may be altered by the Company without prior notice due to local circumstances or events and any other reason whatsoever.
11. TRAVEL INSURANCE
You must obtain travel insurance within 7 days upon booking the tour with a minimum medical coverage of SGD 250,000 covering the Tour duration and this insurance must cover COVID-19, personal injury and emergency medical expenses. If requested by us, you must be able to provide proof of Insurance purchase and adequate coverage of the required amount. You are strongly recommended to obtain insurance coverage for any loss, damage and expense arising from, including but not limited to Tour cancellation, lost baggage or personal effects and flight cancellation. We are not liable to you for such loss, damage and expense. We are also not liable to you for any loss or additional expenses incurred by you due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, due to any delay or interruption to the travel services due to Act of God, unusually severe weather, acts of governments, acts of terrorism, hostilities between nations, civil disturbance, boycotts, lockouts, industrial action and labour dispute, strikes, wars, fire, floods, infectious diseases, epidemics or illness as well as travel restrictions due to such events.
12. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
It is your responsibility to obtain, prior to departure, the necessary travel documents including a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel through each destination point in the Tour, and all visa, permits and certificates (including medical certificates) required for the whole of the journey. You are solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by us regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on our part.
13. SPECIAL REQUESTS
If you have any special requests including dietary restrictions, you should inform us of these at the time of the booking. We will advise the relevant supplier of your special requests, but we are not liable to you if these requests are not met.
14. CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
Should you have a complaint during the course of the Tour, you must raise this complaint to the Tour leader at the earliest opportunity to allow him or her to address your complaint. If you fail to indicate your dissatisfaction during the Tour, your ability to claim compensation against us will be extinguished or reduced.
15. SUPPLIERS AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
The Tour may be conducted by local guides at the destination country or Tour Leaders or Instructors engaged by us at our discretion dependent on the requirements of the Tour. Any local guides, Tour Leaders or Instructors and they are not our employees. While we endeavour to appoint reputable and competent local guides, Tour Leaders or instructors, we are not liable for the acts and omissions of these independent local guides, Tour Leaders or instructors which may result in loss, damage and expense to you.
16. APPLICABLE LAW
The Contract and these Terms and Conditions are subject to Singapore law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
17. IMAGES AND MARKETING
During the Tour images, photos and/or videos may be taken by our employees and/or other Tour participants that may contain you in part or in whole. You agree and understand that these images, photos and/videos may be reproduced by us in any medium for promotion and publicity purposes.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us, relating to the subject matter herein. There is no verbal or written representation, warranty, prior agreement other than as expressed herein.
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Unusual Expedition Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
(g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
21. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Unusual Expedition Pte Ltd
808, French Road, #07-163, Kitchener Complex, Singapore 200808
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 1st Jan 2021
Last updated : 1st Jan 2021
Due to the places and activities that we are doing, you are expose to a certain degree of risk.
Our Activities may include the following but not limited to:
1. Climbing over wet rock boulder that you may slip and fall
2. Immersing yourself at the sea coast with strong incoming wave that may make you fall.
3. Climbing hill with loose rocks or wet mud condition.
4. Walking on slippery icy road condition.
5. Walking into unexplored terrain or offroad terrain.
6. Going close to the edge of hill/mountain, buildings or high ground.
7. Crossing river / stream without safety measures.
8. Close contact with wildlife.
9. Stay in outdoor with adverse weather conditions (Eg: Lightning, Storm, Raining, Gale, Snowing).
10: Staying in High Altitude places.
You accept that you are responsible for your own health and your own actions. In any event that you think that there is a risk, and you do not wish to participate in the activities, you should inform the local guide on the ground on your decision to opt out the activity.
Unusual Expedition REQUIRES all participants to purchase their own Travel Insurance with a Minimum Coverage of S$250,000, COVID-19 and Emergency Evacuation coverage upon signing up our tour. This is stated in our Terms and Conditions of booking, which can be found on our website.
In event of any accident during the tour or cancellation, you may submit your claims to your respective insurance company. Please read your travel insurance fine print or consult your insurance agent to better understand what is your travel insurance coverage.
Under STB license framework, we, Unusual Expedition Pte. Ltd. is responsible to inform you (the client) that you should purchase travel insurance against Insolvency of Travel Agent.
Entry requirements and border controls are in place around the world. Please check the travel advisories for all destinations in your itinerary to ensure that you meet the latest requirements. You will not be allowed to enter the country, and you should delay your travel and seek medical attention, if:
You have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, anosmia or shortness of breath.
You have been diagnosed or suspected to have Covid-19 infection in the last 14 days.
You have had close contact with anyone with Covid-19 in the last seven days.